Teacher: Mrs. Wright
Welcome to Pre-K 3! School begins at 7:45 with prayer in Cargill Hall.
We encourage all students to participate during prayer. We have recess every day to promote exercise and free play with classmates. Our Friday Letter is sent home in their folder each week and can be found on the Saint Mary Catholic School website. Students in Pre-K 3 will learn to adjust to school routines. Independence is a skill that is worked on daily. We will start teaching our students to learn responsibility for themselves. Children will learn to operate socially with others under teacher’s guidance.
- S.T.R.E.A.M. stands for these learning areas: science, technology, religion, engineering, art and math.
- Students will use and learn through S.T.R.E.A.M. in the ways listed below.
- We will learn letters of the alphabet and their sounds using phonics.
- Students will learn letters make up words and that text has meaning.
- We will learn pre-reading behaviors and skills.
- We will learn how to handle books properly.
- We use a program called Frog Street which fosters reading and writing.
- We will work on counting skills.
- Students will learn number recognition.
- Students will learn patterns.
- We will work on position words.
- Students will learn GOD made EVERYTHING!
- Students will learn the sign of the cross.
- Students will know God loves all people.
- God wants us to care for all creation!
- Each week, we will discuss different units (such as bugs, transportation, animals).
- The child will do a unit on All About Me!
- Students will use different centers throughout the day to experience hands on activities that reinforce the lessons.
- Centers include, Building Blocks, Math, Art, Writing, Reading, and Home Center.
- Centers are important for a student to engage in unstructured learning and be able to apply the daily lessons independently.
- Students will learn about each other and their feelings. We use a program called Nurtured Heart with our students. We also talk about behavior with red and green choices.
- Teacher reinforces proper ways to be friends with each other and how to handle disagreements between students.
- Pre-Kindergarten students begin learning basic skills and vocabulary with the Early Childhood Spanish teacher. Students are introduced to colors, counting and animals. Students participate in interactive songs, chants, and rhymes in order to gain the Spanish vocabulary.
- The students visit the school library once a week, where they enjoy story-time with the school librarian.