Track and Field
Open to students in grades 5 - 8
Starts mid-February. Ends late April.
- Practice Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 3:40pm to 4:40pm. Pick up is at the back of the school.
- Athletes will need athletic shoes, water bottle. Uniforms are provided.
- Parents are responsible for providing transportation to and from the meets. Athletes may not be dropped off. Locations of the meets will be emailed out.
- Meets are on Saturdays. Field events begin at 8am and running events at 10ish.
- Athletes may participate in as many as four events. No more than 3 of these can be running.
- Athletes will sign up for upcoming meets at the Monday practice prior to the event. I am limited to the number of athletes per grade and event that I can sign up (ex. Only three 6th grade girls for 100m). If we run into a situation where there are more athletes than positions available, athletes will have friendly face off at practice.
- By signing up for an event, the athlete and parents are committed to the upcoming meet. If an athlete becomes ill or injured and is unable to participate at a meet, please notify me ASAP so that they can be scratched.